The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Kilrush contained the following places:
"KILRUSH, a parish in the barony of Scarewalsh, county Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 1 mile S.E. of Newtownberry. Ferns is its post town. It is nearly, 4 miles square, and contains the village of Clohamon. The soil is generally good. The river Slaney flows through the W. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ferns, value £514, in the patronage of the bishop. There are a church, Roman Catholic chapel, and two day schools. Woodfield is the seat of Lord Farnham."
"CLOHAMAN, a village in the parish of Kilrush, in the barony of Scarewalsh, in the county of Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 2 miles from Newtown-Barry. It stands upon the banks of the river Barrow, on the road between Dublin and Wexford. In the vicinity is Clohaman House."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018