KILSCANLAN, a parish, in the barony of BANTRY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. E.) from New Ross, near the road to Wexford; containing 333 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1129 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, which are chiefly under tillage. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of St. Mary's, New Ross; the rectory is a part of the mensal of the bishop, who pays the impropriate curate 40s. late currency per ann. for the discharge of the clerical duties; the tithes amount to £43. 16. 11. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Old Ross.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilscanlan to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S7943823814 (Lat/Lon: 52.360605, -6.834688), Kilscanlan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
679438,623814and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)