The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Monamolin contained the following places:
"MONAMOLIN, a parish in the baronies of Ballaghkeen and Gorey, county Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 2 miles S. of Ballycanew. Oulart is its post town. The parish is 4 miles in length by 2 in breadth. The greater part of the surface consists of good land, and is drained towards the E. by the river Owenwarra. It is traversed by the road from Gorey to Wexford. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ferns, value £144, in the patronage of the Treasurer of Ferns Cathedral. The church was erected in 1827, by means of a loan from the late Board of First Fruits. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Litter. There is a day school.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018