The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
In 1868, the parish of Mulrankin contained the following places:
"MULRANKIN, a parish in the barony of Bargy, county Wexford, province of Leinster, Ireland, 6 miles S.S.W. of Wexford. Bridgetown is its post town. It is 2½ miles long, and its greatest breadth is 2 miles. The surface consists of a good soil, and includes a small proportion of moorland. The interior is traversed by the road from Broadway to Duncormuck. The living is a rectory in the diocese of ferns, value with others, £500, in the patronage of the bishop. There are a new church and a Roman Catholic chapel. The latter is united to that of Tomhaggard. There is a day school in the parish. Brideswell and Rath ark are the principal residences. Here are ruins of the old castle of the Browns, besides two others."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018