RATHROE, a parish, in the barony of SHELBURNE, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (E.) from Arthurstown: the population is returned with the parish of St. James. This parish, which has long since merged for civil purposes into those of St.
James and Dunbrody, is estimated to contain 3981 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, annexed to those of St. James and Dunbrody: the rectory is impropriate in Lord Templemore, to whom the tithes, amounting to £82. 18. 10., are payable. In the R. C.
divisions it forms part of the district of Hook.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rathroe to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference S7605611834 (Lat/Lon: 52.253443, -6.887022), Rathroe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
676056,611834and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)