KILLILANE, or ST-HELENS, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 10 miles (S. E.) from Wexford, and near the southern extremity of the bay of Rosslare; containing 144 inhabitants. This parish, which for civil purposes forms part of Kilrane, comprises only 636 statute acres as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage; sea-weed is used as manure. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Tacumshane, and the corps of the chancellorship: the tithes amount to £49. 3. 10f. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Tagat, or Kilrane.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Helens to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T1419110291 (Lat/Lon: 52.233, -6.329337), St. Helens which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
714191,610291and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)