IBERIUS-ST, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER; containing, with the post-town of Broadway, 548 inhabitants.
It is situated at the head of Lady's Island Lake, and comprises 562 plantation acres, the property of G.
W. Nunn, Esq. The living is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, united to that of St. Mary's or Lady's Island, and together constituting the union of St. Iberius, in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth, The tithes amount to £59.17.4½., of which £22.18.11. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the incumbent, who receives a stipend of £2 per annum for discharging the clerical duties of St. Mary's or Lady's Island. At Doyle's Cross is a meeting-house for Wesleyan Methodists.
In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Lady's Island.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
Broadway on wikipedia
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Iberius to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T1010808606 (Lat/Lon: 52.218694, -6.389614), St. Iberius which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
710108,608606and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)