St. Margarets - Forth
MARGARET'S-ST, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. E.) from Broadway, on the south-eastern coast; containing 112 inhabitants. It comprises 440½ statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, chiefly the property of G. W. Nunn, Esq. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, endowed with the small tithes, and forming part of the union of Tacumshane (also called the union of Kilscoran) and the corps of the chancellorship; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth.
The tithes amount to £48. 1. 9., of which £15. 5. 11. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the incumbent. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Lady's Island.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Margarets - Forth to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T1708407679 (Lat/Lon: 52.208926, -6.287919), St. Margarets - Forth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
717084,607679and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)