NICHOLAS-ST, a parish, in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5½ miles (N. N. E.) from Wexford; containing 311 inhabitants. This parish is situated near the southeastern coast, and comprises 1169 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, forming part of the union of Ardcolme: the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth. The tithes amount to £66. 9. 9¼., of which £39. 1. 9½. is payable to the impropriator, and £27. 7.11¾.
to the incumbent. There are no remains of the old church; that of the union is at Castlebridge. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Castlebridge.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St. Nicholas to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference T0626130673 (Lat/Lon: 52.417676, -6.438926), St. Nicholas which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
706261,630673and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)