In 1868, the parish of Ballynure contained the following places:
"BALLYNURE, a parish in the barony of Upper Talbotstown, in the county of Wicklow, 4 miles to the S. of Dunlavin. It is on the confines of Kildare, and contains the village of Bumbo Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ossory, Ferns, and Leighlin, of the value of £279, in the patronage of H. Carroll, Esq. The chief seats are Ballynure House and Grange-Con, the latter of which belonged to Baltinglass Abbey."
"BUMBOHALL, a hamlet in the parish of Ballynure, barony of Upper Talbotstown, in the county of Wicklow, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles to the N. of Baltinglass. It is seated on the river Slaney."
"HARTSTOWN, a village in the parish of Ballynure, barony of Upper Talbotstown, county Wicklow, Ireland, near Baltinglass."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018