In 1868, the parish of Crosspatrick contained the following places:
"CROSSPATRICK, a parish in the baronies of Gorey, South Ballinacor, and Shillelagh, in the counties of Wexford and Wicklow, province of Leinster, Ireland, 4 miles S. of Carnew. Ferns is its post town. The surface has some upland, bog and marsh, but the general quality of the soil is good, and farming has been much improved in this neighbourhood through the exertions of the Agricultural Society of Coollattin, under the patronage of Earl Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ferns, value £506, in the patronage of the bishop In union with Kilcommon it forms a prebend in Ferns' Cathedral. The church was built in 1828 by the late Board of First Fruits. It is in the later English style, and has a square tower with pinnacles. There is also a church at Kilcommon, besides three Roman Catholic chapels within the union, and two parochial schools. Some remains of the old church are to be seen near the present one."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018