In 1868, the parish of Hollywood contained the following places:
"HOLLYWOOD, a parish in the barony of Lower Talbotstown, county Wicklow, province of Leinster, Ireland, 6 miles S.W. of Blessington, its post town. The surface is mountainous and boggy. The King's river rises in the E., and the Liffey flows through the parish. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Dublin, value £86, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church is a small building of unknown foundation. Grove House and Rathattin are the principal residences. In the Roman Catholic arrangements the parish belongs to the Ballymore Eustace district, and has a chapel, erected in 1831. Here are a parish school, and three or four non-parochial establishments. In 1798 the rebels overran the parish, and burnt Tyrone Lodge, belonging to Lord William Beresford. The famous waterfall of Poul-a-Phuca is in this parish. Fairs are held on the 1st February, 3rd May, 1st August, and 1st November."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018