In 1868, the parish of Kiltegan contained the following places:
"KILTEGAN, (or Kiltigan), a parish and post-office village partly in the barony of Rathvilly, county Carlow, and partly in the baronies of Upper Talbotstown and South Ballinacor, county Wicklow, province of Munster, Ireland, 2 miles N.W. of Hacketstown. The parish is 6 miles long by 4 broad. The surface is mountainous, the chief summits being Ballinabarny Gap, Slieveragh, and Carrig. The road from Hacketstown to Baltinglass touches the S.W. border of the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Leighlin, value with another, £316, in the patronage of the crown and bishop alternately. The church was built by means of the late Board of First Fruits in 1826. There are seven day schools. Humewood and High Park are the principal residences. There is a police station in the village. In the vicinity are remains of ancient raths.