LISCOLEMAN, a parish, in the half-barony of SHILLELAGH, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Tullow, on the confines of the county of Carlow; containing 754 inhabitants. It comprises 2417 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, including a small portion of bog: the state of agriculture is improving. The seats are Rath, the residence of J. Whelan, Esq., and Knoeklow, of Mrs. Brown. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Leighlin, forming part of the union of Aghold; the rectory is appropriate to the dean and chapter. Of the tithes, amounting to £150, two-thirds are payable to the dean and chapter, and the remainder to the incumbent. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Clonmore.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.