"Ardnamurchan, par. and hamlet, W. Argyllshire and Inverness-shire, estimated area 216,969 ac., pop. 4100; P.O. The headland of Ardnamurchan Point, the most westerly point of the mainland of Scotland, has a lighthouse (fixed light, seen 18 miles), built in 1849."
Extract from Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ardnamurchan to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ardnamurchan has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM678754 (Lat/Lon: 56.811776, -5.805578), Ardnamurchan which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)