"Cumlodden, a quoad sacra parish in Glassary and Inverary parishes, Argyllshire, on the NW side of Loch Fyne, its church (1841; 300 sittings) standing 1 mile WSW of Furnace and 8 miles SW of its post-town, Inverary. Constituted in 1853, it is in the presbytery of Inverary and synod of Argyll; the minister's stipend is £120. Two public schools, Cumlodden and Furnace, with respective accommodation for 78 and 110 children, had (1880) an average attendance of 48 and 78, and grants of £23,10s. 2d. and £78,6s. Pop. of q. s. parish (1871) 826, (1881) 837; of registration district of Cumlodden and Minard (1881) 1142."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cumlodden to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cumlodden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS005995 (Lat/Lon: 56.146345, -5.213038), Cumlodden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)