"Dalavich, an ancient parish and a registration district in Lorn, Argyllshire. The parish, now annexed to Kilchrenan, lies along the loch and river of Avich, onward to Loch Awe, on whose western shore, 14 miles WNW of Inverary, stand its church and its public school. Pop. of district (1871) 217, (1881) 226. See Kilchrenan."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dalavich to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dalavich has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM969128 (Lat/Lon: 56.264508, -5.281002), Dalavich which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)