"Kilmartin, par. and vil., Argyllshire - par., 25,102 ac., pop. 811; vil., 8 miles NW. of Lochgilphead; P.O., T.O.; in the churchyard are several old crosses; N. of vil. are the ruins of Kilmartin Castle; the par. includes the islands of MacCaskin and Ree in Loch Craignish."
Extract from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmartin to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kilmartin has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM858017 (Lat/Lon: 56.159498, -5.451135), Kilmartin which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)