"Kilmeny, a ancient parish in Islay island, Argyll shire, whose church stands 4 miles SSW of Port Askaig. It is now incorporated quoad civilia with Killarrow parish, but was constituted quoad sacra as a separate parish, first by ecclesiastical authority in 1826, next by civil authority in 1849. It is in the presbytery of Islay and Jura and synod of Argyll; the stipend is £171. Pop. (1871 924, (1881) 881."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilmeny to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kilmeny has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NR389657 (Lat/Lon: 55.813754, -6.169243), Kilmeny which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)