"Kinlochspelvie, a quoad sacra parish in Torosay parish, Mull island, Argyllshire, in the SE of Mull around Loch Spelvie, and containing Achnacraig hamlet, with a post and telegraph office under Oban. Constituted by the Court of Teinds in 1845, it is in the presbytery of Mull and synod of Argyll. The stipend is £120, with a manse and glebe worth £10 and £8 a year. The church, 9 miles SW of Achnacraig, was built in 1828. Pop. (1871) 388, (1881) 311, of whom 276 were Gaelic-speaking."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kinlochspelvie to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kinlochspelvie has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM654261 (Lat/Lon: 56.36884, -5.800366), Kinlochspelvie which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)