"Salen, a quoad sacra parish in the NE of Mull island, Argyllshire, on the sound of Mull, containing AROS post office, an Established church (circa 1783), a Free church (1883), St Columba's Episcopal church (1874), a public school, and a hotel. Pop. (1871) 605, (1881) 522, of whom 359 were in Torosay parish and 162 in Kilninian and Kilmore."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland c.1895)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Salen to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Salen has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM570429 (Lat/Lon: 56.515175, -5.951644), Salen which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)