"Southend, par. and vil., in S. extremity of Kintyre peninsula, Argyllshire - par. (comprising Sanda island), 30,801 ac., pop. 955; vil., 9½ miles SW. of Campbeltown; P.O., T.O."
Extract from Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Southend to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Southend has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NR681112 (Lat/Lon: 55.339917, -5.658842), Southend which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)