"Tyree, island and par., Inner Hebrides, Argyllshire - par. (comprising Tyree and Skerryvore), 18,942 ac., pop. 2733; island, 2 miles SW. of Coll and 28 miles SW. of Tobermory, pop. 2730; P.O., called Tiree; is 14 miles long and from ¾ mile to 6 miles broad, and rises to a maximum alt. of 400 ft. The soil is generally fertile, but the rearing of black cattle is the chief employment. Cattle, poultry, and eggs are largely exported."
Extract from Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tyree to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tyree has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NM010446 (Lat/Lon: 56.498576, -6.860604), Tyree which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)