St Brendan, Saltcoats, Roman Catholic
Church built 1965, closed 2009. Merged with St Mary's Star of the Sea.
Modern church, built in the 1960's. Red brick, cement and and separate concrete bell tower with some stained glass.
This was a contemporary 1960's styled steel and concrete building, surrounded by a raised walkway. The church had a spacious entrance hall which was separated from the nave by a glass screen decorated with ironwork and the sanctuary had an altar and pulpit of Connemara marble.
The church required a large sum for restoration and was closed in 2009.
See the entry on Canmore for location and photographs.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)