The Borders Family History Society has published a booklet of monumental inscriptions for Ayton.
Pre-1855 inscriptions for the parish are contained in the Scottish Genealogy Society's volume of Berwickshire Monumental Inscriptions (Pre-1855).
Nigel Hardie has transcribed and published parish of Ayton burials for 1800-1819.
You can see pictures of Ayton which are provided by:
Ordnance Survey maps covering Ayton include:
- Landranger 67: Duns, Dunbar & Eyemouth area - scale 1:50000, or 1.25inch:1mile, or 2cm:1km
- Pathfinder 423: Eyemouth & Grantshouse - scale 1:25000, or 2.5inch:1mile, or 4cm:1km
Ayton is also covered by an old Victorian one-inch to the mile Ordnance Survey map published by Caledonian Maps. The relevant sheet is sheet number 34 "Eyemouth" which also includes Burnmouth, Chirnside, Cockburnspath, Coldingham, Edrom, Foulden, Grantshouse, Preston and St Abb's Head.
The National Records of Scotland holds the following as part of its collection of maps and plans:
- 1786: A farm plan of Redhall showing fields, steadings, roads etc. Scale 1:3200. Size 45x34cm. Grid (map) reference NT9462. NRS reference RHP.644
- 1810: Plan of estate of Ayton. Scale 1:4800. Size 160x116cm. Grid (map) reference NT9261. NRS reference RHP.3551
- 1813: Estate of Fairney-side. Scale 1:4800. Size 49x47cm. Grid (map) reference NT9461. NRS reference RHP.1028
- 1813: Plans of farms of Red Hall and Netherbyres Mill. Scale 1:3200. Size 72x51cm. Grid (map) reference NT9462. NRS references RHP.1212, RHP.1213
- 1873: Plan of building ground at Burnmouth. Scale 1:2500. Size 73x51cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NRS reference RHP.1210
- 1873: Plan of fisherman's cottages at Partanhall. RHP.1214/1-5
- 1876: Working plan of proposed extension of pier at Burnmouth harbour. Scale 1:720. Size 86x55cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NRS reference RHP.4231
- 1876: Burnmouth harbour. Scale 1:720. Size 43x41cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NRS reference RHP.4232
- 1882: Plan of Burnmouth harbour. Size 58x44cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NAS reference RHP.4233
- 1883: Burnmouth harbour. Scale 1:720. Size 52x45cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NRS reference RHP.4238
- 1893: Burnmouth harbour. Scale 1:720. Size 77x49cm. Grid (map) reference NT9560. NRS reference RHP.4236
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT930610 (Lat/Lon: 55.842567, -2.113854), Ayton which are provided by: