Coldingham, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Coldingham Church and Priory
The current parish church in Coldingham sits on top of the ruins of Coldingham Priory. A modern grave yard surrounding the church also covers the space once occupied by the former priory.
The Priory has had a turbulent history, but the Church lives on, and is currently undergoing restoration (services are being held in the village hall). The marker in the foreground shows the position of the original North Aisle of the Priory - there are several of these markers in the churchyard, giving an excellent idea of the vastness of the original complex.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)