Hutton, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
The lands of Hutton were granted to the monks of Durham Cathedral by King Edgar in 1095 when, it is believed, the first church was built. A new church was built in the 13th. century before being greatly refurbished in the 16th. & 17th. centuries. The present church was built in 1834 just a few yards to the south. An interesting burial aisle (part of the old church) still stands.
Sources : The Village Kirks of the Scottish Borders - 2011 and The Churches and Churchyards of Berwickshire - James Robson 1896.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)