"HOLY ISLE, island, 2¼ miles long, and 1009 feet high in mouth of Lamlash Bay, Arran Island, Buteshire. It rises in tiers of cliffs from base to summit, and contains a cave supposed to have been the retreat of an ancient hermit."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland by Rev. John Wilson, published by W. & A. K. Johnston, Edinburgh, 1882]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holy Isle to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Holy Isle has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS060299 (Lat/Lon: 55.524487, -5.074782), Holy Isle which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)