Kilmory, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Kilmory parish church is modern. It was erected in 1785 on the site of an earlier church, added to in 1810, and completely renovated in 1881. There is some doubt as to whether this is the site of the pre-Reformation church or not, there being a site known as that of a St Mary's Chapel at Sliddery. There are no pre-1709 gravestones, but there is a stone font in the churchyard, which may have come from the old chapel (McArthur 1873).
The font was found in draining the glebe land some years ago a little E of the lime kiln and near the S boundary of the glebe.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)