"SHISKIN, hamlet and vale in south-west of Arran Island, Buteshire. The hamlet lies on Drimadown Bay, 9 miles west-by-south of Lamlash, and has a post office under Brodick, Isle of Arran, a Free church, and a public school with about 126 scholars. The vale extends from the hamlet up Blackwater rivulet, comprises more than 1700 acres of arable land, and is the most fertile part of Arran."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shiskin to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shiskin has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NR905293 (Lat/Lon: 55.51206, -5.319486), Shiskin which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)