"BOWLING or BOWLING BAY, village on the Clyde, at exit of Forth and Clyde Canal, 3½ miles east-south-east of Dumbarton. It has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Glasgow, a railway station, a hotel, wharves, a shipbuilding yard, and a public school with about 121 scholars. Pop. 687."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bowling to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bowling has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS445736 (Lat/Lon: 55.93011, -4.490361), Bowling which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)