Hamilton Memorial, Clydebank, United Free Chuch
404 Glasgow Road
No longer in ecclesiastical use. Although plain in plan and elevation, this former Free Church of Scotland (latterly a Church of Scotland) has a distinguishing tower and spire, similar to many of the fine towers designed by Leiper, Campbell Douglas and Sellars, and Honeyman for a number of Glasgow churches of the 1860s and 1870s. This congregation joined that of Bank Street in 1909. The Hamilton Memorial church is one of Clydebank's earlier churches and is one of the few remaining landmarks on the principal arterial road running through the burgh.
See Canmore, which has some photographs of the exterior and interior.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)