"DALMUIR, village, 6¼ miles east-south-east of Dumbarton. It has a post office under Glasgow, a railway station, extensive paper-works, and a public school with about 75 scholars. Pop. 936."
"DALMUIR-SHORE, quondam village on the Clyde, ½ mile from Dalmuir, Dumbartonshire. It had an unsightly appearance and was destroyed about 1860."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dalmuir to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dalmuir has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS482711 (Lat/Lon: 55.908809, -4.429422), Dalmuir which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)