"DUNTOCHER, town, on rivulet amid opening of Kilpatrick Hills, 9 miles north-west of Glasgow. It is modern, but contains an ancient bridge, believed to be Roman, and adjoins a hill on which Roman relics, preserved in Glasgow University museum, were found; and it has a post office under Glasgow, 4 factories, Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic churches, and a public school. Pop. 1572."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Duntocher to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Duntocher has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS491726 (Lat/Lon: 55.922951, -4.416107), Duntocher which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)