"JAMESTOWN, town and quoad sacra parish in Dumbartonshire. The town stands in upper part of Vale of Leven, ¾ mile south-sout-east of Balloch, and has a post office designated of Dumbartonshire, a railway station, extensive printworks, a steepled church of 1869, and a public school with about 388 scholars. Pop. of the town, 2170; of the quoad sacra parish, 2925."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Jamestown to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Jamestown has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS396814 (Lat/Lon: 55.998741, -4.573831), Jamestown which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)