"MILNGAVIE (popularly MILLGUY), manufacturing town, 7 miles by road, but 9½ by railway, north-west of Glasgow. It has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Glasgow, a terminal railway station, a quoad sacra parochial church, United Presbyterian and Roman Catholic churches, and 2 public schools with about 400 scholars. Pop. of the town 2636; of the quoad sacra parish, 2927."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
|St Andrew, Milngavie, Scottish Episcopal|
|Milngavie Church (Quoad Sacra), Milngavie, Church of Scotland|
|St Paul's Parish Church, Milngavie, Milngavie, Church of Scotland|
|United Presbyterian Church, Milngavie, Church of Scotland|
|Milngavie Free Church, Milngavie, Free Church of Scotland|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Milngavie to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Milngavie has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS555745 (Lat/Lon: 55.941662, -4.315395), Milngavie which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)