|Registration district||number||start date||end date|
Registration districts did not necessarily coincide exactly with parishes. In the 20th century especially, there were frequent changes in registration districts.
|Glenrothes town centre||Ordnance Survey Grid Reference||GPS||Post code||Lat. 56°11'44"N|
|KY7 5LN||Lon. 3°10'17"W|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Glenrothes to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Glenrothes has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NO269009 (Lat/Lon: 56.195141, -3.178997), Glenrothes which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
At the Fife Council Archive Centre, Kirkcaldy:
Glenrothes Development Corporation
Records include minute books and reports, 1948-1995; housing records, 1948-1995; Legal Department records including papers relating to public local enquiry to hear objections to the creation of the new town, 1948; Board of Trade investigation into the Cadco scandal, 1963-1965; Marketing Department records including publications, promotional films and videos, 1957-1974; photographs of Glenrothes buildings, events, and people, 1948-1995; minutes of Glenrothes District Council, 1961-1974.