St Barr, Barra, Roman Catholic
It was founded in 1906.
Northbay St. Barr's Church (RC), G. Woulfe Brenan, 1906 Simple lancetted hall with ashlar dressings and cross finials, its southern elevation sprouting twin projections for vestry and porch. Shell mosaic mural, c.1999, and, on islet in loch, statue of St. Barr, 1975, both by Margaret Somerville.
Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)