St Michael and All Angels, Inverness, Scottish Episcopal
St Michael and All Angels,
It was founded in 1877.
St Michael and All Angels Church at the corner of Abban Street and Lochalsh Road, Inverness, was built in 1886 on the other side of the River Ness from its present location. It was moved stone by stone with the roof being floated in sections on barges across the river in 1903/04. The interior was redesigned by Sir Ninian Comper in 1904 and 1926. A special feature is the stained glass window of the four Archangels by Comper.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)