It was founded in 1898.
"The Tweedmouth Memorial Chapel, erected by the Dowager Lady Tweedmouth in the grounds of the Northern Infirmary, was opened on Saturday. Built of dressed freestone, the chapel is designed in a Late Pointed phase of Scotch Gothic. It is cruciform in design, with a steep-pitched roof covered with grey slates, and is surmounted in the centre by a fleche of oak, and slated, rising to 50 feet above the ground. The south window has three lights and tracery, and the windows in the two transept gables are triple lancets ; while a rose window, about 10ft. in diameter, gives light from the north end. The nave is 44 feet by 18 feet, whilst in either side there is a transept, separated from the main area by wrought-iron gates and curtains, for use by worshippers of the Roman and Anglican communions. The whole of the furnishings are in oak. The inside walls are of polished freestone, and the windows are all deeply moulded, the jambs and mullions being finished with shafts of grey Kilkenny marble and carved capitals. The roof is also in oak, panelled, and the arched ribs rising from the carved couples divide the interior into three bays. The floor of the chapel is laid with oak parquetry, stained and polished. A corridor. 9 feet wide, connects the church with the infirmary. Messrs. Ross and Macbeth, Inverness, were the architects,"
[Building News 10 June 1898 p814]