Snizort, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Situated at the head of Loch Eyre, at the south end of the settlement of Kensaleyre, Snizort Church of Scotland in Kensaleyre was designed by the celebrated Edinburgh architect James Gillespie Graham in 1801. It is a simple building on the outside, and even simpler on the inside. It has no organ or other musical instrument. Singing is led by a precentor and is unaccompanied. There are no stained glass windows, paintings, statues or any other decorative items.
By the 1970s the Grade 3 Listed building had fallen into such a state of disrepair that application was made for its demolition. Permission was refused. The Historic Buildings Council stepped in to offer grants for renovation, which then took place during 1979 and 1980.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)