"The inland parish of Arbuthnott, situated almost wholly to the north of the Bervie, extends from near the mouth of that river to where it meets in the west the parish of Fordoun, a distance of 5 miles. With projections in the north and south, it has a length of 6 miles. In the north-west the river Forthy separates it from the parish of Glenbervie, and on the north-east Arbuthnott adjoins the parish of Dunottar. To the east lies Kinneff. On the south Arbuthnott is bordered by the parish of Bervie and on the south-west by Garvock. Fordoun lies to the west. The parish covers an area of 9583 acres, nearly 15 square miles."
The Statistical Account of Scotland The County of Kincardine
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
Old Parish Records for the parish of Arbuthnot  are located in New Register House, Edinburgh.
These have also been microfilmed by the LDS:
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.
- The transcription of the section for Arbuthnot from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Arbuthnott to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Arbuthnott has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NO801771 (Lat/Lon: 56.884738, -2.327467), Arbuthnott which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)