"Extent, &c. - The extent of the parish in length is about 2 miles, and in breadth about 1½. Its figure is quadrilateral. It is bound towards the south and south-west, by the parish of Benholme; and north-west, by the parish of Garvock; the north and north-east, by the parish of Arbuthnott; the east, by the parish of Kinneff; and its boundary on the south-east is the German Ocean."
The New Statistical Account of Scotland, Vol XI Forfar-Kincardine
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
|St David of Scotland, Inverbervie, Scottish Episcopal|
|Bervie Parish Church, Inverbervie, Church of Scotland|
|at St David (Sc Ep), Inverbervie, Roman Catholic|
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.
- The transcription of the section for Bervie from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bervie to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bervie has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NO813722 (Lat/Lon: 56.840999, -2.308444), Bervie which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)