St Ternan, Muchalls, Scottish Episcopal
Scottish Episcopal ChurchMuchallsAB39 3PP
It was founded in 1729.
The present church was built in 1831, and a chancel added in 1865. It replaced a temporary building which was used following the destruction of the Muchalls Castle chapel in 1746. The latter was built about 1619. The former fishing population, wholly Episcopalian, removed chiefly to Torry late in the nineteenth century.
In fact the newer register (1881-2007) is also available, at the same price. George's details were still correct at October 2020. George also has prints of the George Washington Brownlow painting of "Baptsim from Stonehaven Jail (Tolbooth)"
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)