From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
by Rhona Wilson
published 1996 by Richard Stenlake Publishing, Ochiltree Sawmill, The Lade, Ochiltree, Ayrshire KA18 2NX
ISBN - 1872074790
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cambuslang to another place.
A range of useful facilities for family and local history research in the Glasgow, Lanarkshire and Strathclyde areas also exist within the City of Glasgow.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cambuslang has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS651591 (Lat/Lon: 55.806348, -4.153591), Cambuslang which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)