"CARLUKE, town and par. with ry. sta., mid. Lanarkshire, 5½ miles NW. of Lanark and 19¼ miles SE. of Glasgow -- par., 15,345 ac., pop. 8552; town, pop. 3867; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks; is a neat, well-built place, and the centre of business for a considerable extent of surrounding country. Coal, ironstone, limestone, sandstone, abound in the neighbourhood, and are extensively worked."
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
Mortcloth records 1694-1809
Burial records 1728-1738, 1750-1778, 1838-1851
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Carluke to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Carluke has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS856504 (Lat/Lon: 55.733737, -3.823818), Carluke which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)