" par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Coulter), E. Lanarkshire and W. Peebles-shire - par., 11,883 ac., pop. 574; vil., wholly in Lanarkshire, 1½ mile SE. of the ry. sta. and 2½ miles SW. of Biggar; P.O., called Coulter; contains Culter Water, flowing 6½ miles NW. to the Clyde, Culter Fell, on the border of the two cos., alt. 2454 ft., and the seats of Culter Allers House and Culter Mains. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Culter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Culter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT030308 (Lat/Lon: 55.561409, -3.54006), Culter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)