" Dalziel, par., N. Lanarkshire, 3039 ac., pop. 13,853; contains the greater part of town of Motherwell and part of town of Wishaw; abounds in coal, ironstone, and sandstone; 1¾ m. SE. of Motherwell is Dalzell House. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dalziel to another place.
There are several very useful family history research resources in the City of Glasgow.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dalziel has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS760567 (Lat/Lon: 55.787947, -3.979223), Dalziel which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)