" Dunsyre, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Lanarkshire, 8½ miles NE. of Carstairs Junc., 10,743 ac., pop. 254; P.O.; contains Dunsyre Hill, alt. 1313 ft., and the ruins of Dunsyre Castle. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dunsyre to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dunsyre has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT058497 (Lat/Lon: 55.731563, -3.501605), Dunsyre which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)