" Lamington, vil. with ry. sta., Wandell and Lamington par., Lanarkshire, on right bank of river Clyde, 6 miles SW. of Biggar; P.O.; the ry. sta. is on the left bank of the river; the church (St Ninian's) is old; in vicinity are the ruins of the Tower of Lamington, an old fortalice, and Lamington House, a modern mansion, seat of Lord Lamington. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lamington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lamington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS976284 (Lat/Lon: 55.538387, -3.623678), Lamington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)